Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Too Funny To Me!

I went to the post office tonight (since my efforts on Saturday were thwarted by my lockout). It was about 11:30 pm because I had gone to Tehillah and then had to stop by school to prep for my subs. So, yes, it was quite late. Well, I went into the lobby and bought my stamps in order to mail my letters. While I was feeding the money into the stamp machine, I read this cardboard standup advertising for Christmas packaging and shipping. Included was a cardboard cutout of a man holding a Christmas package. Well, he was about 4 ft tall and looked a lot like Cliff from the T.V. show Cheers. Because of those features I took a lot of notice of him. (This isn't going to be funny to anyone else, but to me it was hilarious!) When I walked to the other part of the foyer to mail the letter and then turned back around I saw that little man and screamed and started shaking and it took me FOREVER to realize it was a fake little carboard man! LOL LOL LOL I just laughed and laughed all the way home. Like I said, not funny to all of you, but to me it was great! These are the things I wish I had someone waiting at home to tell.....sigh....yep....it was sure funny. LOL I'm laughing even now thinking about it......

3 comments:

Durham Window Cleaning said...

In the library at South Middle School (where FCA meets before school on Tuesday and Thursday) they have a life-size cut out of Orlando Bloom (circa Lord of the Rings time). He stands facing the door at the back of the library. Well, every time I would open the door to go to FCA, I would jump because it looked like a real person standing there (and I'm almost always the first person to arrive). I actually had to begin reminding myself as I walked down the hall, "Orlando is not real. It's just cardboard."

So I kinda get it...

Becky Durham said...

Well...obviously Jason updated his blog again and I forgot to sign in as me...again.

So you can see that it's believable that I would not learn my lesson and would believe that cardboard Orlando was a real, long-haried man dressed like an elf coming to get me every day for like 4 weeks.

Anonymous said...

LOLOLOLOL..... SNORT!!!!