So yesterday I locked myself out of my apartment. Big bummer! I've decided that rather than recount the episode as it happened, I will share the many moments of praise I had along the journey.
PRAISE GOD...
1) That my neighbor let me use his phone. (Even though I couldn't reach my landlord.)
2) That my neighbor tried diligently to "break in" to my apartment. (Though he failed, I really appreciated his lengthy effort.)
3) That the reason I was locked out was because I grabbed my spare car keys/keyless entry remote instead of my "main" keys. This allowed me to get into my car rather than stand in the hall or on the street.
4) That the weather was really nice yesterday! Not nearly as cold as the days before.
5) That I had my classroom keys in my car.
6) That I have job that gives me a whole room that is "mine" to go to any time I need to. That also has bathroooms near by!
7) That there was a kids basketball game and a concession stand that allowed me to buy breakfast/lunch.
8) That I had collected jr. high science club dues the previous week and still had the money in my room so that I could actually buy me some lunch/breakfast. (Ordinarily this would be a no-no, but I figured in this case it was a God send. I will DEFINITELY replace it on Monday! No lectures please......)
9) That one of my friends was doing his work online Saturday and emailed with me for nearly my whole wait. Otherwise I'd have been bored to tears!
10) That Katie got online and I got IM her for part of my wait, also! Again, great source of "entertainment".
11) That God gave me some problem-solving genes to be able to figure out my plan of action of how to call for help without a phonebook or cell phone in a town where I know very few people and where businesses that can't be found online in anyway.
12) That when I finally got back home (6 hours later) my landlord had just happened to have stopped by and saw my piddly little note and unlocked my door.
13) That I got into my apartment after over 6 hours and FINALLY got to take a shower.
14) That God gave me a peace and sense of humor about the whole thing. I didn't get freaked out even once! In fact, I got downright giddy at times because of how silly the situation was but how cool it was that it felt like God was leading my every step to get me through the situation. It was kind of an andventure! (Usually when things go wrong here in Bloomfield I freak out because I don't have anyone to call for help or know who to contact and such.)
15) That, although I looked pretty nasty, I was at least fully clothed and shoed and not in in my P.J.s still!
16) That, when it was all said and done, I had a place to go that was warm and had a nice shower and more comforts than I ever deserve.
Yep...despite the misfortune of the actual event, it was really just a day of reminders of how God will always works everything out!
I hope all of your weekends were full of reminders of God's goodness, too!
5 comments:
Yay! I love God adventures like these!
I'm also SO glad that you had a good time in a bad time. :o)
That brightened my day :)
I'm glad it was such a good experience!
After all, you could have been wearing only a towel and your neighbor could have made you like super uncomfortable by saying, "Oh, you're sooo fine" when you went to use his phone.
Also, sometimes your word verification gives me a word that phonetically sounds like another word. Just for the record, it is not a nice sounding word today. I'm shocked!
LOL...I'm glad you didn't share what it was, Becky! Aside from that...LOL over the remembrance of an oh-so-funny collegiate memory!
Yes, Sarah, it was very much a "Yay!" :)
Oh a concession stand provision praise. How sweet of Jesus!
And, since I got to chat online with you, your debacle was my delight!
(I mean that in only the nicest of ways!)
Post a Comment