Thursday, October 05, 2006

Shopping in Evansville

I decided to share what I purchased in Evansville as a post and not as a comment. So, Katie, this is for you! :)

1) I got the CD "Songs Inspired by Narnia". I got it mainly because it was on clearance and because my man has a song on there. However, I've found my favorite song is actually one by The David Crowder Band called "Turkish Delight". It's very upeat and it cracks me up that the whole chorus keeps saying "Turkish Delight". Only The David Crowder Band could do a song like that and make it work!

2) I got a Bible study book on experiencing freedom. I so long to have a Bible study group again, but figured not having people wasn't any excuse for not doing a regular, in-depth Bible study. Since I need structured study guides, I was looking them all over and this one popped out at me. So, I'll be diving into that very soon!

3) A fiction book called The Wager by my favorite fiction writer, Bill Meyers. I love his style of writing. It's very simple but well-researched. If you've heard of the book Eli, that's him. That's one of his most popular books. I mostly bought it to have during our daily SSR. I have to have something simple that I can pick up for only 15 minutes a day and be easily pulled in given such a short time.

4) I got a book called The Charismatic Century: The Enduring Impact of the Azusa Street Revival. This is one that caught my eye because I had been talking to a co-worker recently about the influence of charasmatic/pentacostal churches on the overall Church. I thought it might be good in light of that conversation and give me some point with which to continue such a conversation. It sounds good!



Now, just because I can, I'll tell ya what I got at the UE bookstore, also. A grey, long sleeved t-shirt that saye "Aces" in big letters and then "University of Evansville" in smaller letters. It's nothing special but will be good for jean's day Fridays.

And at the teacher store I got "I LOVE SCIENCE!" pencils for my science club members, a jr. high set of Brain Quest questions, and a poster that says, "There was homework?" that has some tree frogs on it. This has been put up right above my assignment chart. How cute it is!

Alright, that's all! I'm glad I got to write that out. It's fun to think about my new things! I love getting new things...especially Christian materials and things I can use in my classroom! Fun-fun!

Thanks for asking, Katie! And thanks for reading this everyone! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool!!! "I Love Science" pencils! How fun is that!?!?!!! Everything else is fun, too, but for some reason that just stuck out to me the most... hmmm... I wonder why... really...

Tamara said...

That is marvelous that you went shopping. I went to a Christian bookstore today as well. I bought a new Bible. ESV!!! I wanted that version for awhile. I got a journal because Ben says it is very helpful to have one during IHOP to jot down revelations and insights. I also got a small concordance. I will have moments when I know a verse I want to pray, but I don't know the scripture so I chucked in some cash for that. Oh and a card for ELIAS, my new nephew. Shopping with JESUS is great. Though science pencils also have thier gaity and importance!

Becky Durham said...

I can't believe I didn't even ask you what you bought at the bookstore!

I may have to download the David Crowder Turkish Delight song...