Last night I was so blessed to go out with my friends from high school. It was a lot of fun. We had dinner, went to Cold Stone Creamery (which I love but hate because I love it so much!), and then went bowling. Yes, bowling! And I'm sure that the other people at the bowling alley were talking all the way home about how obnoxious the four chics who kept screaming, cheering, and clapping after they got one pin down were. Oh well! We had fun! Oh! And I broke 100 in one of the games!!!!!!!!!!! 123 to be exact! Yay!!!!!!!!!! (That's a big accomplishment for me, by the way, so no one try to make that sound pathetic or....or....well, I don' t know, but just don't!)
I will finish with a thought on what I've been thinking for several months now about my isolation in Bloomfield and attempts to meet new people. For the past 3 years I've lived in an "uncomfortable" state. Rarely have I gotten to just be "me". I'm constantly in a role in which, yes, my personality shines through, but I have to hold back for fear of stepping over a professional line or for fear of offending those who I'm around because I'm not sure how they feel or think about things. Usually the latter of those two dissipates after some time, but in this time in my life it has not. I've just not truly connected with anyone here. There have been connections, but not full-fledged heart to heart connections. This, as previously stated, has led to 3 years of discomfort. That is why last night was so great (as well as my dinner with Becky on Tuesday), I got to be ME full out! It doesn't matter if I'm a goofball or that we may not believe exactly the same on everything, we know each other and accept each other just as we are and there is not fear in that. And I don't have to worry that I'll say something and it'll result in a lawsuit!
Yeah, last night was fun, but best of all "comfortable".
Oh, and in case you're wondering about the title...I gave myself the name Pepe during bowling. Um yeah, don't ask.
4 comments:
and how would Pepe be pronounced? like, with a French accent?
just curious!
Um...I guess so. I was thinking a little more Mexican, but perhaps it really was French I was thinking. I mean, I am the person who tried to talk to people in Paris using my Spanish, or at the very least the Spanish sounds for words I was trying to say! So who knows! There was no rhyme or reason to why I was Pepe anyway.
Okay Ms. Pepe...by the way, that was the name I had given a Mexican Marionette someone gave me years ago as a souvenir. So when I read your title, I had this vision of my little wooden friend...anyway...
I can sooo relate to your bowling experience. I am the same way. I always say, "If they would just put the pins in the gutter I would be a great bowler"...hahahahah!
I am glad you had a wonderfully, comfortable time being yourself with your friends. May you have more days like that!
Chao for now!!
Fun fun fun!
Oh, and FUN!
:)
Post a Comment