Tonight I was writing an email to a friend when a thought hit me. When I first moved here for my job I was so excited and felt like I had finally reached my career destination and the fulfillment of my life's purpose . At the same time, I remember telling a friend at the time that instead of feeling like I was standing on top of the mountain after such a long struggle and wait, it was like I could see in the spirit that I was really just at the foot of a mountain. She thought this was nuts! She thought I was being so negative and pessimistic. I didn't know what to think. Even so, some of the pressures of that time subsided so I was happy at the time. And it's as if in the past years the happiness of just being at the foot of the mountain passed as I struggled to climb the mountain. But I never stopped, only thanks to Him.
I had long since forgotten that until tonight.
As I typed that email to my friend this evening the thought of the Isrealites being released from their Egyptian bondage. They thought that was the end of their struggles. Little did they know that the elation they got from that initial freedom would be followed by more struggles in the desert. I believe that's what has happened in my life these past years. I was delivered from the bondage, but had to fight to reach the apex of the vision He's given me (and still am). Much like the Isrealites had to strive to reach the Promised Land.
There's a deeper revelation to all of that for me personally, but it was kind of a cool thought to have come to me. Just at how the Word is truly a guide to understanding our lives as Christians. He really has given us a manual on how to live life if only we will study it and know it and hide it in our hearts. That's pretty amazing to me and a wondeful source of encouragement.
1 comment:
Wow, that is a really great, in-depth revelation...I mean, it will help you to persevere and to see things from a different perspective, having that revelation both before and now again.
(I am "tongue-tied" because I am tired, but you know what I mean!)
Go Jenny! Go God!
Post a Comment