Thursday, September 07, 2006

Inquiry

So my students have found me on MySpace. (Even though I don't really keep a profile going on there!) Now they are trying to add me as "friends". Only, I won't because that seems a little odd to me. Anyway, I just wondered if you guys knew if they would be able to track me down on here? I'm horrible at internet searches so I couldn't do it with what limited info I figure they have, but what do you think? It worries me because I don't want them reading these posts since some of them end up being about my them. What do you guys think? Is this something I should be concerned about?

11 comments:

Yolanda said...

Hey,
I did a quick search with your name and didn't pull up your blog... I also did with hennyfair. Of course you popped up all over the place...and not necessarily because of your blog, but those that are linked to you or those you have commented on, so....If they kids don't know you as hennyfair, then you might be 'safe'. otherwise, the only other thing you can do, would be to go to Settings and take your name off of Blogger listings, it will still apear on internet, but if they are just surfing blogger, they won't accidently find you.

I think it's wise not to have them list you as 'friend' on MYSPACE ...I think it would kind of 'blurr' the 'line' a little bit. Have a super day in Jesus!

Hennyfair said...

Thanks. I agree about the "blurred lines". That is exactly why I don't want to do that. It's just hard to articulate that to the kids. It's weird for me to even check out their My Spaces! Anyway, I did change some things on my profile and I hope that will eliminate them from "finding" me. It's just crazy because they are SO much better at the internet stuff and seem to be able to do anything online! Whereas I'm a bit of a technological dofus!

Becky Durham said...

I don't think they can find you on blogspot unless you tell them about it--plus kids hardly ever use blogspot. They use Xanga, Myspace, and Facebook.

I let my kids add me on myspace, but part of the reason I started a myspace account was b/c of them and I'm careful about what's allowed on my site.

Becky Durham said...

A google search for your name has revealed your double life for all:

Besides being an actress in the UK, you also found a brown sweater and posted a lost and found ad about it, write books that are sold at Amazon.com, and run a driving school in Colorado. Also, please tell your husband "Micheal" that he spells his name wrong. Plus, since you're also a lawyer in Nashville, I've been needing some legal advice--txt me!

LOL :) I love google!

BTW--no blogspot results were returned.

Hennyfair said...

I don't think you're situation with your kids is quite the same. You job is to be involved with their lives in such a manner as you are...even in such a way as My Space promotes. As a teacher it's a different story. I just keep thinking I'll end up on a Dateline NBC special or something! And if there ever were like FALSE accusations about anything I wouldn't want to any type of evidence that would look bad for me. I know that's sounds like I'm being paranoid, but anymore you just can't be too safe.

Anonymous said...

I just removed the link to your blog that I had on our blog, from November, when you were first introduced to the blogosphere. Has it really been 10 months?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I changed the link on my blog to your blog from your first and last name to Hennyfair's Haven, in order to disguise you!!!

Anonymous said...

and yes... it's important to be careful about what you blog and stuff. I've heard of people being fired from their jobs because of things they've posted on their blogs. Not to discourage you or anything or put fear into your life... just have to be careful I guess.

Anonymous said...

Yes, it is wise to be careful. I don't really know anything baout searching the internet for blogs of a certain person or anything. So, I don't know how easy it would be for them to find you.

Hennyfair said...

THANK YOU ALL! Your input has been so mind calming and the precautions that you've helped me to make give me a greater sense of security as I continue to document my life events in Blogger Land!

Becky Durham said...

Well, I'm glad your heart is settled about that because what would we do without our visits to Hennyfair's Haven?