Thanks to Becky I can provide you with a link to my most beloved poem of ALL time.
Little Lucy Ladybug! Only she doesn't really look like what is on the linked page. The real Lucy is a cute little ladybug with a childlike face and curly hair. Just so you know. :)
14 comments:
What a fine "linking" job, Miss Hayes!
I was delighted to read the lovely poem again :)
Oh yay! I loved that! I'm printing it for Ayo to read to her!!!
Oh Sarah! That just makes my night! Yes, I learned that when I was just a wee-little girl and it has ALWAYS stuck with me. I am glad Ayo will have it as part of her life experience, also!
Does anyone remember those books in a series called "Choose Your Own Adventure" where you could turn to different pages depending on how you wanted the story to turn out?
Well, interestingly enough they have now made DVDs that follow in the same theme (they are even called Choose Your Own Adventure)...as in you get to choose different outcomes from a DVD menu that pops up now and then during the movie...isn't that interesting?
It apparently contributes to making children less zombie-like as they are watching the movie and more interactive and engaged in activity.
I mean, I think I am still all for the books over the TV, but I just thought it was kind of proof of the technological age we live in, combined with "traditions" that just don't die.
The name Lucy reminded me of a predicament Niklas and I find ourselves in...
We have already completely agreed on what our child will be named should that child be a boy.
But we CANNOT come up with a girl's name that we both agree on, not sure why.
Can anyone give me an idea of some girl's names that you think sound nice as well as have a nice meaning (and that you won't call your own daughters).
It would be greatly appreciated.
The name Lucy is kind of nice!!!
Lucy is a good name. She was the one that first entered the wardrobe!!!
She could be Lucy Lenay... Lucy Lenore... Lucy Lynn...
Katie - I DO remember those books and actually use them as examples in my class quite often. Of course my little lovelies don't have any recollection of them at all. But, I had heard about them making a multi-media version of them and that that was pretty cool.
As for a little girl's name. I can't be of much help there. Lucy is sweet and I think it sounds "sunshiney". Other than that, I dunno. Everyone's quite different in their opinions on such things.
I like Lucy.
I LOVE choose your own adventure books!
I think that boys names are easier than girls names. I can think of a bunch of boys names I like, but am not sure which girls names are my favorites...
It seems like a big responsibility--naming a baby! He or she will have that name for a long time :)
Well, I talked with Niklas again about the whole girls names subject...
I mentioned the name Lucy, just to see what his response was...
His response was - No way! That is too much like "Lucifer"! And I was like "WHAT! Don't tell Jenny you think that! Her favorite and most beloved poem of all time is about a ladybug named Lucy who is most certainly NOT in any way like Lucifer!" So we decided that Lucy is an OK name for a ladybug but not for a little girl (even though I like the Lucy in LWW)...
So, back to the drawing board...
Oh, I forgot to mention that Niklas likes the name Josephine because his favorite character in the Bible is Joseph...But, I don't know what I think about it...
Does anyone want to guess our boys name (which we didn't have any trouble with)? I could give hints, and there could even be a prize! How fun!
Well, the easiest guess would be Niklas, since a lot of boys are named after their fathers.
Other guesses: Christopher...David...Obadiah ;)
Aslan? Kind of hope not, but it's your baby.
Also, Jenny, you're like the "comment queen" lately! You've had a lot of "high traffic" posts lately.
I haven't any guesses about your son. I think naming a child is such a personal thing. What one likes another may not. Plus, I think there is something to be said about it being one's own child and the personal feelings and attachments for THAT particular child. I honestly don't think I'd know what to name a child until I know it is near it's time of arrival. Although...hints would be fabulous and would be quite a fun game!
We wish Obed-Edom would have worked but, we aren't that mean!!!
You're right about not being 100% sure of a name until the arrival...we are also waiting of course to find out what the child's given name is so that we can either keep that or use some variant of it that would work...if the name is Kgosonthogola or something like that then we would need to have that as a middle name...Plus, we are going to wait of course until we receive the first photograph to decide whether we think our chosen name "fits"...
Exciting!!!
Post a Comment