I made the mistake of working on lesson plans right before I went to bed. That got my brain all revved up and now I can't sleep. So I thought I'd write a bit about school.
I'm very excited about the start of this new school year and what God has planned for me and my students. I am teaching only jr. high now, which is a total answer to my prayers. I promise I'm a 7th grader at heart! Plus, I get to teach a variety of science topics. We do everything from life science to earth science to chemistry and some physics all within a year. I really like that variety. With biology it was just one looooong lesson that just kept building and building. I love(d) to study biology, but I just didn't like teaching it.
This year I will also be the sponsor of an afterschool peer tutoring group. I don't have to do anything for that except show up. However, I am starting a jr. high science club and that will require a lot of work on my part, but I think it's worth it. So many of the kids don't have a place to "belong", and that's what I want to give them. They need it so badly!
Well, I'm all typed out. Maybe I can sleep now.
Oh, and you have to realize that my blogs will get fewer and shorter as soon as school starts. I just have too much time on my hands since I didn't get a job this summer. It's been relaxing, but as my blog shows it can get very boring at times! :)
2 comments:
I like your use of many different colors on your blog! How refreshing!
I agree about the colors :) Also, I used to hate pink, but I kinda like it these days.
And, I'll miss frequent blog entries from you, but I can relate to being busy!
I'm glad you're teaching middle schoolers--and God bless you for it! I admire middle school teachers almost more than anyone else. It takes so much patience, love, and a well defined sense of humor to work with this group--I'm still working on those qualities but I do love my middle schoolers!
And I love the idea of you starting a science club. I myself was on the science olympiad team in HS. 8)
Post a Comment