The theme of my summer appears to be "No Plans". Why is this? Why such a theme for one such as myself who thrives on having a vision and a plan to carry it out with extensive preparedness? I have no idea! Yet it just seems to have been the case! Because when I made no plans for my summer everything went smoothly and fell right into place perfectly. When I tried to make plans, everything went wrong! Case in point: Texas. Not until the 3rd time of trying did I actually go. And that was only after I figured I probably wouldn't end up going. Go figure! Case in point two: The only concrete plan I had this summer was Karen coming to visit this weekend. I had it all planned out. What we'd do, where we'd go...I even had maps all laid out and interconnecting to get us to our destinations...I was really prepared and really excited. Then, her vehicle broke down and she didn't get to come. (How sad I was and still am. This is what I was most looking forward to this summer....and in life in general!) *sigh*
The good news is that this weekend ended up being pretty much okay. I got to rest up after my trip, spent some really good quality time with my friend Shannon, and (here's the BEST part!) I met Ayo Oyerinde!!!!! It was so great because in the midst of my absolute saddness and dismay over the news of Karen's cancelled visit I got an email from Sarah stating she was in Bloomington. In that instant my mood flip-flopped and it all ended up going well...though totally unplanned!
Yes, it was pretty much okay...good...even great in the end.
I will end (finally! LOL) by stating that Ayo is a beautiful little girl!!!!! I can't get over how precious she is. So tiny, so sweet, and so pretty. Yes, our Lord did very well! :) It will be fantastic to see where the Lord takes this little one. Sarah and Kunle are two very blessed people to have this little one in their lives. And I feel blessed for having met her...and for having seen Sarah and Kunle...and Sarah's family! It was a delight!
Now I am finished. :)
2 comments:
I think the best adventures are the ones that are unplanned. Of course you may not completely agree with me. I think it is great that you are enjoying some spontanous adventures. Sorry about the whole Karen thing though. But how exciting that you got to see Ayo! I am jealous and plan on visiting them soon.
*sigh*
I want to see little Ayo...oh well, maybe someday our kiddos (and their parents) will meet!!!!
Post a Comment