Thursday, August 10, 2006

All Mushy Inside

I only have 3 full days before I have to get back on a school shedule. Although the 4:45 mornings do not appeal to me AT ALL, I do look forward to having a schedule again. Tonight I went to the 7th grade orientation. I got a glimpse of what I'm in for. (PRAY FOR ME!!!!) :) I didn't have to go, and was the only non-administrative person there, but I knew it was the only time I'd ever get a chance to see or meet many of the parents. Plus, I think it helps to ease the kids' minds to have met their teachers (at least one) before they go the first day.

With so few days remaining I am starting to feel the crunch of having so much to do. Yet, I feel an even greater need to take one full day and do nothing but spend it with the Lord. I've had an intense longing to just "be still and know that I am [He] is God". So much has been going on in the last few weeks and I don't feel like I've been "still" for more than 5 seconds! I'm not sure which day it will be just yet, but I am feverishly trying to get all of my papers written for my master's course so that I don't have that hanging over my head at all. Thankfully I'm just about done.

I don't just partake of His presence like I once did. I seem to always be so needy and always seeking answers to what I believe are huge, perplexing life situation(s). Or praying for someone else's. I just want to have some time where it's just about being with Him and not "using" Him for something. (I'm getting all mushy inside just thinking about it!) I know it should be like that always, but life seems to go so nonstop all the time that I don't often just stop and "be still" in His presence. That's not a pretty truth, but I'm just being honest.

Anyway, my break from writing a rubric on the metric system and then justifying why it is good is over now. (Not that there is much worth justifying!) Sheesh! To think I want a break from such excitement!

2 comments:

Tamara said...

Ahh Jenny you are such a refreshment. Reading that blog just made me mushy inside as well. But, I don't mean to cheese it up. I really did feel some God presence while reading. I also wanted to say this. I really feel like God's word for you this school year is, NOTICE.
1. Notice the small things the kids do. In those small things God will reveal much and give you opportunities to pray.
2. Notice what God is doing in your life and be quick to thank Him. When you thank Him and aknowledge Him He will direct your path and reward you.
3. You will be noticed. Because of a new spirit of dedication people will begin to notice that you truly care for the kids, their education, and the work you do. You will find favor.

Yolanda said...

Well I encourage to take that break...enjoy it...bask in his presence...and watch out...He has Great Plans for YOU!!!!