Monday, July 24, 2006

Well...

As many of you know, my Texas trip had been postponed a week due to one of the family members of the couple we were going to visit being near death with cancer. Well, just a few hours before leaving to drive down on Sunday we got the call that he wouldn't make it through the night so they were not going to be in Texas as planned. Therefore, I am not in Texas as planned.

However, because of the change in plans at the last minute but us being all packed and ready to go, we decided to go somewhere anyway. So, we are in Chicago. We're only going to spend a few days, but it should pretty fun. ALL my nieces and nephews came along (except Adria, the littlest one).

We're headed to the Rainforest Cafe in a few minutes for dinner and then a night filled with hotel swimming. And if you any of you were like me as a child you know that swimming at your hotel can be one of the hilights of any trip. It should be fun for them. I, on the other hand, will do homework. Fun times!

Well, I just wanted to give an update.

Talk to you all later!

4 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Have fun in the Windy City :) What other things have you been doing?

Becky Durham said...

ryn: We think it was a small tornado in our neighborhood and area, just because of how it twisted some of the trees (and the swingset). But they're saying 85-90 mph straight winds, which are pretty damaging. It was scary to watch (from the crack in the closet door).

I haven't been by my high school in forever!

Yolanda said...

ooooohhhhh how I love Chicago!!!! Have fun, fun, fun!!!! and Rainforest Cafe...I am not sure but it sounds like the name of a really cool restaurant I went to in L.A....had the cool life like animals, birds etc that made all kinds of noise and such...it was fun

Anonymous said...

Aww, I am sorry you didn't get to go to Texas. I know how badly you wanted to go to that museum. But at least you go to go somewhere. Are there still plans of you all going at a later time?