Friday, April 07, 2006

Gospel of Judas

What do you think about the news of The Gospel of Judas?

3 comments:

Tamara said...

I have always loved Judus! Jesus said love your enemies. Jesus never said that he didn't have a great purpose for Judus. He said do what you HAVE to do at the passover. Judus is still an disciple chosen by God and probably gets a lot more press than Jesus now. Which is why Jesus said it would be better if he were never born. But, Judus saw Jesus glory and that is what lead him to die. All the other discipes were killed by others. I want to read it. Espeically now that the Muslims are coming into the Kingdom.

Tamara said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becky Durham said...

I'm reserving judgment on the actual text since I have not read it yet. It's usually good for Biblical Scholarship when new texts are found because we gain a little insight into the ancient world.

Was this "Gospel" actually written by Judas? Most likely not.