Friday, February 24, 2006

Glimpses of Last Weekend

I spent President's Day weekend inEvansville. It was a really great time of fellowship and spiritual refreshement. Here are some glimpses of my weekend.


On Saturday night Guillermo hosted a surprise birthday party for his wife, Theresa, and our friend, Cole. In order to make it a "surprise" we got the illustrious job of driving Theresa around blindfolded to all sorts of crazy places to throw her off. Unfortunately, I have a hard time being quiet and I kept giving away our location! It was great fun and she was a great sport.




This is Guillermo and Theresa at the party. They are such a sweet couple! I've known Guillermo for many years and have always thought he was a great guy. I'm glad he found such a precious, Godly woman to call his wife. Happy Birthday Theresa!




The party was a lot of fun. It was good to see so many people and to catch up on everyone's lives. Here Misty, Karen, Theresa, and Micah demonstrate what a fun time we had fellowshipping with one another.




Here I am with the birthday folks. What a lucky chica I am!



I learned that Bernie has a new gig at Meade Johnson as a label inspector. Alright, he doesn't actually read Coke labels, but rather, baby formula labels. I took this picture to show my students that science is used in real world experiences and jobs. Plus, we just finished studying how to read food labels for nutritional information so I thought it would fit into one of my wonderful Power Point presnetations! As much as they thought it was cool that I had a friend who had this type of job, they also thought it was weird that I sat around talking about food labels on my weekends! Yes, my kids think I'm so cool. :)

No comments: