Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Bittersweet

I used to hear people say that things were "bittersweet" all of the time as a child. I never really got it back then, but nowadays everything is bittersweet to me. Like right now, I'm watching a commercial for 80's love songs. In one way, they bring back some good memories of the good ole 80's...how sweet! Yet, they totally depress me....how bitter!

Christmas was bittersweet, also. It was sweet because it celebrates Jesus' arrival into this world and it gets me out of school for a couple of weeks. Yet, it's bitter because it just sucked for me! No other time of the year can make a person feel so alone, I don't think. It was sweet because it brings back some great childhood memories, but is bitter because those are things I'll never get back and this year held little hope that it will ever be any better than this.

I got my wisdom teeth taken out. They won't bother me anymore, but it sure did hurt until about a day ago! BITTERSWEET!

I just returned from Evansville. It was a nice trip. Really, it was. I had a fun night of hanging out and playing games, a wonderful time of prayer/talking with Joyce and Diane, visited with some friends and, of course, went to Los Bravos with Tracy. How sweet! However, upon my return to Bloomfield it's all just bitterness. I HATE BLOOMFIELD! Worst of all, I got not a stitch of mail since Wednesday. Checking my mail is my favorite part of my days (sad as that is!) and when I get NOTHING for this many days it just made me really sad.

This day has been bittersweet. It started out so nicely. I felt so good and happy. Now I am just sad. Why is that? I promise, I could win an award for the speed at which I shift emotions!

I do hope that when I awaken in the morning my outlook on things is better and I regret writing this altogether. Anyway, I just wrote because I needed an outlet and this is it. No need to comment. This was for me more than anything.

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Hmm
So, if the Bible says weep with those who weep and rejoice with those who rejoice. Then I would be alright if I were having an mood swing right now. Thanks roommate. I hope from now on circumstances don't dictacte your life. I am glad you got your wisdom teeth taken out. I wonder what the Dentist did with them.