Monday, June 28, 2010

June 2010: Busy but Great!

I know it has been nearly forever since I updated my blog, but with many good reasons. All of which could be rolled into one main reason: LIFE IS CRAZY! Crazy in a very good way. :)

Once school got out I had about a week to relax and just chill a bit, but things soon began to get busy again. It all really started when we learned that Zach's parents were going to have a marriage re-dedication ceremony. We had just over a week to pull it all together. The ceremony was this past Saturday and went off beautifully. Even though it was small it took a lot of work and time to pull it off. Zach and I did most of the details and planning and implementation, but we're so thankful for all of those who stepped up and helped.

In the midst of planning their ceremony my most amazing, wonderful, fantastic, awesome boyfriend became my fiance! *SQUEAL!* Yes! Zach proposed and now we will begin working on our own wedding plans. We will get married early in November so time is short and tasks to accomplish are many. Yet I am confident that it will work out and we will, indeed, be married in just over four months!

The thing that made all of this past couple of weeks even busier is that I was taking part in an "ASM Materials Camp". Wow! What an incredible blessing for educators! It was all about metals, polymers, ceramics, glass, etc. We learned so many amazing labs/activities, relevant applications, and received all sorts of fun and useful supplies. It was an intense week of classes but so worth it. Even if I was very distracted by his parent's wedding and the fact that I just got engaged.

So, today begins my first day of real wedding planning. Then my family is coming down on Thursday for a week and a half. After that, I hope, my bridesmaids will be making the trek to Houston to do some wedding related activities and to just hang out and catch up and whatnot.

I will try to keep more updated on my posts. Maybe it will help me to have this outlet as the days go on.

Wow.

I still can't believe I'm getting married in 4 months!

No comments: