Thursday, January 07, 2010

Colorado Glimpse

I know I've been back from my trip to Colorado for a while but just haven't had the time and/or focus to sit down and write anything about it. I'm still not sure I do but I'm going to try. Perhaps that will aid me in not being too wordy and boring everyone. :)

So, yes, I went to Colorado! I was there for about a week and a half and spent my Christmas there. We stayed with Zach's parents in a little resort town called Pagosa Springs. It is a quaint little down with the most amazing scenery everywhere you look. Seriously, you could close your eyes, spin in circles, then randomly stop and open them and see a breathtaking view wherever it is that you stopped. It was amazing!

It was also snowy and cold. Which, for the most part, wasn't an issue. At least for the first full week. After that it started to get to me a bit. The snow is different from Indiana snow. It is light and fluffy and doesn't really stick together much. That makes for great sledding, snowmobiliing, and as I've been told, skiing.

Overall it was a WONDERFUL trip! I had a great time with everyone, met a lot of interesting and nice people, and got to experience many new things. It also encouraged me to want to get in shape like never before! I am so thankful I was able to make the trip.

I still can't find my camera cord to post pictures. (It is somewhere in my yet unpacked boxes!) Zach's mom did send a few pictures to me, though. So, I will post them. (I left a few out because I don't like how I look in them! I'm a little picky these days! LOL)


Here you go.....


Zach, me, Rebecca, and Paul



Me and Zach

Me and Zach next to the fire he built in the backyard. He had to dig out all sorts of snow and made the coziest fire. However, it was crazy cold so we were all bundled up trying keep warm! It was fun but way too cold to be out there...in my opinion!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!!!! Perhaps they'll have to go in my "little file". :o)