Friday, May 15, 2009

1 Month To Go

I accepted a position at a middle school this past week. I feel pretty good about it. I am definitely happy to be returning to the younger kids. I even feel good about the staff at this new school. My only hesitation is the location. It is farther than where I live now but I had wanted to move more in towards the city. Oh well! I guess I will just see what happens. Although this also means I have to pack up my entire classroom. Not something I am looking forward to.

In other news...

My surgery is now a month away. I've been praying like you can't imagine for the Lord to heal me. The more I learn about the surgery and the more I think about it the more I just want God to do it. Not to mention that I also have an increasing faith in the Lord's ability to heal. At the same time, I'm trying to prepare for the procedure because it will be here before you know it. There is just SO MUCH to take care of!

Today I went to talk to my apartment leasing office. For those who don't know, I live on the 3rd floor. That is not going to be good for my recovery. So, I am still working on where I will live post-surgery. My friend told me to see if they would let me transfer to a 1st floor apartment. I had really just hoped they'd let me out of my lease but that wasn't very likely. Even so, I knew I was going to have to do something. So I went in today because I just felt the Lord was saying do it today. Not to wait. So, I went in and told them a bit about my situation. They ended up asking me if I wanted out of my lease! It's still not 100% but it looks like it will happen. However, that presents a new issue. I will likely be moving in 2 weeks! TWO WEEKS!

So, yeah, I have a crazy load of things to do in a really short time. So many things need to be set into place and I don't even know how it's all going to end up. I feel okay about it all I just have to keep praying and trusting God in it all. Once again I just feel like my entire life is about to change. Yet another chapter is coming to a close and a new one is about to begin.

Just keep praying with me, please! Thanks. :)

1 comment:

Tamara said...

Wow, there is plenty on your plate right now. I have been wondering how you are. I have had an increase of faith for healing as well. Maybe our combined prayers will yield a result. I hope you find a nice place to stay during the transition.