Thursday, April 09, 2009

Dr. Visit Update

I had a really good doctor’s appointment yesterday. I was referred to a specialist, as usual. When? April 15th. The whole point? To set the course for my hip replacement! The goal? To get it done in the early summer! My response? HALLELUJAH!

Lately I’ve come across the paths of many people who have had a hip replacement or know someone who has. They all say the same thing. It gave them their life back. The thing with me is that I’ve recently realized that much of the life God has intended for me has never begun because of my hip. The disease I had when I was younger has inhibited the plans God has for my life and I have always just accepted it. Accepted that “the girl with the hip problem” was who I am but I AM NOT! That is NOT who God says I am and I am not longer going to just “deal with it”.

Now, don’t get me wrong in all of this, I see that God has given me many things in my current state. He's blessed me and allowed me to do and accomplish a great deal of things. Yet, the passions that are deepest within me have always been put on the back burner because I just couldn't do it. Even small things, like, wearing cute shoes and not worrying how long I can stand in them, my deep desire to go on an early morning run, or just being able to go shopping and enjoy myself. True, all are seemingly simple things but are good examples of how everything in my life is affected by this. The deepest things I won't share because it's too much to write and, well, just too personal!


I want God to heal me. That would be radical! Awesome! Biblical! Yet, for whatever reason(s) it just hasn’t happened yet and if it doesn’t happen by the time I go under the knife then I will just have to praise God for the miracle of modern medicine, as Becky put it. I can't wait any longer. NOW is the time.

I just have such excitement coursing through my being right now! I just feel like I’m going to get “back” a life that I’ve not ever really had! I am a little scared. I don't know what life on the other side of this is going to look like. This is all I've ever really known. It's who I've always thought I was and now I'm going to be different. I'll be FREE FROM PAIN!!!! Of course, there are also the apprehension that come with having major surgery and all the logistics that go along with it. So much to think about! To pray about!

I'll keep you posted! Please...PLEASE...keep this in your prayers. THANK YOU!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Hooray! Praying!

Tamara said...

I am celebrating with you. Keep us up to date!