Thursday, March 12, 2009

Camping, Career, & Killing Time

As I've mentioned previously, albeit briefly, my friends and I are going camping. Yes! I hear your collective gasps of unbelief. I am kind of looking forward to it and am kind of concerned. I will be out of my element COMPLETELY & the forecast is rain, rain, and more rain coupled with less than warm temps. We are praying diligently for the rain to lessen and the temps to rise. Feel free to join us in this plea. :)

Also, for those who don't make it on my regular email list of "PLEASE PRAY!", I have made some decisions about my job situation. I have prayed a lot about my career as a teacher. Lately it has been at the forefront of my prayers. I feel the Lord has given me some direction as of this week. I have requested an in-district transfer and hope to get relocated to a middle school. I am just praying that a principle will see my request and contact me. Again, feel free to join me in praying for this.

I guess that's it for now. I'm in D-hall so. Not so much to do. We had a test today and I can't grade until tomorrow and since tomorrow is the last day before break I don't have any prep work to be doing, either. I will post camping pics when I get back!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

I will pray about the camping and the job.

But mostly about the camping, because let's face it...

Jason asks me almost daily when I'm going camping with him. This is because I'm an idiot and one day when he was trying to kidnap me and take me on this terrible trip that included a 25 mile hike and camping in the middle of nowhere, I told him that I would go car camping with him one day. I meant in the distant future that we can't even imagine. He thought I meant next weekend.

:P Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Like Becky, I'm praying for you for both.

Unlike Becky, however, I am slightly jealous of your camping trip. So, I will be praying that you have wonderful weather so that you can post beautiful and fun pictures so that way I can imagine what it must have been like!