Monday, December 15, 2008

It's Almost Christmas Break!

I have honestly not had any time to write in the last week or so. I've thought of things now and again but nothing ever merited the time it would take to write it out. At this moment I am taking 15 minutes to let my hair dry before styling it to go to work. So, here's the recap of my weekend (and what has subsequently taken up so much of my time recently).

I took Friday off from work because we had an Impact Christmas party on Friday, Karlene's personal bridal shower on Saturday, and Sofie's 30th birthday on Sunday. Now, I truly do adore party planning and all that goes with it. Honestly I do! I just think that maybe this weekend I booked one too many! Perhaps if I didn't have another job (ya know, my little teaching gig) I wouldn't have been a problem at all. Even so, I think everything turned out fantastic! Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves at each event and I was pleased with they way it all turned out, too. And except for when I had to deal with a certain "someone" on some key points in the organizing/setting up I really didn't get all too stressed about it. It did help that Rebecca is the most awesome person ever and helped to bring it all to pass. Without her it definitely wouldn' t have come out like it did.

Now I just have to get through this week trying to focus on work and not so much on this wedding that is Saturday. (Which I am not looking forward to so much but at least it will be over come Saturday night, right?) Then I'll have a couple of days off before heading to Indiana for Christmas.

Wow! Life is busy and time sure does fly! I am enjoying it all though. :) Speaking of time flying,
it is now 5:45 and I must do my hair so that I can get to work to finish up that which I should have done last night but was just too tired to do.

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Oh good--an update! Time does fly--hope you have a great week. Also, our "friend" is stuffed in my trunk. Just waiting for further instruction from you.

And in other news, our youth group raised BOB yesterday--that's right, $808 in our youth offering. Awesome, right?

And it keeps getting better. My word verification is dinsippl. that's awesome.

Kristen said...

Yay!! You'll get a nice break...and you've made it through nearly half a year! That's worth celebrating :o)

Hope you had a good day!