Sunday, November 23, 2008

Caller Number Seven

As some of you know, last week I had a fun Wednesday night. All week long I’d been listening to the radio trying to win tickets to the upcoming Casting Crown Concert. Not so much because I wanted the tickets, I mean, it’s a Christmas concert with Avalon, Natalie Grant, Michael English and some other dude, so it’ll be good, I’m sure., but it’s all Christmas music and I can live without going. Plus, Becky and Jason will be here and it’s only 2 tickets. Still, somehow I just KNEW I was going to win those tickets.

So, I’d listen to hear the verse you had to recite to the DJ at just the right time and then when the signal sounded I would call in. I tried 2 times and failed. How sad. Then, on Wednesday night I was driving my friend, Paige, and myself to meet our friends for dinner when the time for the call-in was drawing near. I told her we’d not be able to go in until I won my tickets. She sort of thought I was being silly, but I assured her that I WAS going to win.

To help, she put the radio number in her phone and said she’d call with me to increase our chances. So, as soon as the signal sounded we both called. She was caller three. I was caller seven. Lucky number seven! Within moments I was on air chatting with the DJ and sharing the “secret verse”. Paige was going wild and could hardly believe that I was actually winning. I, on the other hand, was pretty calm, though excited, because, afterall, I knew all along I would be making this call and winning at some point in the week.

The funny thing is that I was excited enough to forget what I was doing because I accidentally hung up on the DJ before she got my contact information! It was quite funny. In the end I won 2 concert tickets, 2 DVDs, and a CD. My name was then put into a bigger drawing to win more tickets and dinner with the artists. But I didn’t win that. Not that I ever thought I would. But that’s cool. I was just happy to win. So, I gave the tickets to Paige and she and Michael are going to the concert. I will keep the DVDs and CD.

At some point I am going to catalogue my list of things I’ve won in such a manner. My list is growing quite long and I can’t help but giggle when I think about it. God sure knows how to make my day. For whatever reason, the kind of personality the Lord gave me takes great delight in such things as this and I think He in turn delights in allowing me to win. It’s part of our special relationship.

How fun!

Now back to cleaning!

1 comment:

Tamara said...

That reminds me of when we were watching Will and Grace and you called in and won. I am actually looking for contest to win a trip to Israel. I know I have to make sure the contest is legit. I don't have ant confidence that I will win. But, I am still motivated to try.