"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Sunday, October 19, 2008
Random Stream of Thoughts Brought On By Emotional Exhaustion
It is Saturday night. Hm. I suppose if I'm being completely honest I should say it is early Sunday morning. I am very tired. Yet I sit here in my semi-lit living room hopping from one website to another. Why? I am not at all sure why. It has been a long day. A VERY long day. One that I fully believe should have ended in sleep many hours ago. It began at an ungodly hour for a Saturday morning. It was at 6:00 am that my alarm awakened me in order for me to ready myself for my class. Surprisingly enough, my class was quite good. It was only day one of three but this one actually left me wanting to go back. This is unusual for professional development classes. I consider myself blessed for getting in on this one. There was a long waiting list and I got in at the last possible moment. The thing is, I've got a lot going on inside of me right now. The Lord is really breaking up some things and it is really draining me. I find myself exhausted from the daily battle with my emotions. Emotions that are quite foreign to me. Crying fits ensue a the most random of times due to the oddest of stimuli. It is so bizarre. I can only imagine that the work the Lord is doing must be pretty major because these emotions are over-the-top. Even for me! Last night I tried to "just" watch a movie but in the midst of it I would find my spirit so stirred that I could not control the need to pray in the Spirit. So, I'd pray and weep. Then it would subside. Not too much later another wave would hit and it would begin again. Today I had to excuse myself from class 4 times just so that I could get my tears under control in order to act like an adult amongst my peers. It is all so goofy. It's times like these when I envy the male of the species. Surely they don't endure such emotional chaos. It just doesn't seem fair. Thankfully I have some really good friends here who have listened as I've thought through my thoughts and feelings. Some of which pertain to particular situations in my life. Others that just seem to be coming out of nowhere and blindsiding me. What is the Lord up to? If the old saying is correct that "time will tell", then I certainly hope that this time passes quickly so that I can find the answers to my many "Why?" questions. Now it is time to sleep. It must be done. Ah, but I don't like getting ready for bed. Removing contacts, washing face, combing hair, brushing teeth, changing clothes. Such a chore. You'd think I was going out instead of getting ready to fall asleep. Still it must be done. So I am now going. Happy Sunday, All.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow. I've learned a lot about your Saturday night...um, Sunday morning.
Post a Comment