I don't know why it is that it still surprises me when God answers prayers, but it surely does! I mean, after so many years of seeing how incredibly faithful He is to go above and beyond even what we could think to ask for, I still stand in absolute awe of how He shows Himself to us.
In this case I'm referring to Hurricane Gustav. As I posted on Saturday night the predictions were not altogher positive. Yet, instead of a category 4/5 it was only a 2 and it didn't hit New Orleans head on. Those were my 2 main prayer foci. I am just amazed! At one point I had been praying about it and had a really hard time praying in faith because I couldn't get out of my "science mind". But God is SO much bigger than science! I just love that!!!
My only sad thing to say on this is that I heard students in my classes today complaining about how much it was hyped-up for nothing. I so wanted to be able to exclaim that the Lord was the reason. That it was by His grace and mercy that it wasn't as predicted. Alas, I can't share such things with my students so I just prayed in my head that some day they would know the Truth of it all and just tried to give them a positive spin on it.
Oh! But please still be praying for all of those who are without power, have flooding, and still have some recovery ahead of them.
Love you guys!!! :)
2 comments:
Amen amen!! I would say that God and science are one...He set the world in motion! God is GREAT!! He heard the cries of His people!
I'm glad to read this testimony! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment