Thursday, July 10, 2008

I'm Working....Sort Of

For the past week I have been working at my school. Only, I think the word "work" is up for grabs in its meaning in this case. Kids who failed the Texas state standardized test get a retake date next week. So, this week is a review for them. I thought I'd be teaching or instructing in some way, but apparently not. It's all online tutorials. Which means I answer a few questions here and there but mostly just sit here, keep them off the internet, write emails, blog, etc. It's only 3 hours a day but after 3 days of it I'm about over it. Only 2 hours left today and then tomorrow. It is good pay, though, so I'm really not complaining. I'm just writing about it because I'm extremely bored and tired. I stayed out way too late last night to have to get up at 5:30...or 6:00 as it ended up being today...so this is a necessity to my conscious state.

Next week I have completely free and I plan to use it wisely. I want to go visit some of the many museums around Houston. Many are free (or very inexpensive) and there is such a diverse selection that I think I will be well entertained all week. I'm really looking forward to it.

With that said, I think I'll go and make a plan for my museums visits next week!

4 comments:

Tamara said...

Hey, I know how you feel. I was up till 3:30am because I couldn't sleep. Work was extremely difficult today. Hey, have you visited Andrea and Steve now that they live in Texas. I don't know if you even live near each other. I was just curious.

Hennyfair said...

No. I haven't yet. We have talked about it. Between their recent move and my trip to Indiana it just hasn't happened yet. They live about 2.5 hours away. Not too far, really.

Becky Durham said...

I love museums! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

hennyfair's haven sure doesn't have much current stuff up here.

how are the museums?