Last night I had my "official" birthday party. Eleven of my "closest" Houston friends gathered together at Sofie's for dinner and a time of fellowship. I had such an incredibly blessed and delightful time. Sofie cooked an awesome chicken dish, Rebecca made a cake, I got to share my heart with them about how God has blessed me with all of their friendships, and many other fun things.
I must add, however, that this is one birthday where I will say that the gifts were a highlight. You will never guess what they got me. They got me a new skeleton! He is about 2 1/2 feet tall and just as cute as can be! It made me miss Petey a bit, but my new guy will allow Petey's memory to live on. He's pretty amazing!
Quite sadly I do not have pictures to share because I forgot my camera and the only other ones taken were by Zach who was doing so in a tormenting manner. This means the only photographic evidence is of most of us trying to escape the camera. Oh, wait, Sofie just told me that she DOES have pictures! Oh, aren't we all so lucky! They are mostly from when I was opening my presents. (I will come over here again some time this week to copy the disco pictures and the birthday pictures so that I can post them.)
I spent the night here at Sofie's and now I need to get ready for church. I just wanted to add that I LOVE HOUSTON and most of all because I LOVE MY FRIENDS! God has truly blessed me. :)
3 comments:
What a great way to end Birthday Week!
So, a new Petey!
What a thoughtful gift!
Although I assume the new guy isn't named Petey? It would certainly be too much of a burden to bear the grief of the loss of Petey to name his replacement the same thing and be continually reminded?
Does he have just as many bones?
Wow.. you have such great friends! A new skeleton! That is very thoughtful, indeed.
I'm happy for you! I just sighed a happy sigh for you! :o)
Post a Comment