I officially turned 30 yesterday at 12:12 pm. (Isn't 12:12 a great birth time? I had never realized it before!) One of my students made me a cake to celebrate. It was so sweet and made for the best birthday I've had as a teacher. In addition, several of my friends went out to dinner with me and then came over to my apartment for cake. Oh, and speaking of my apartment, when I got home yesterday I walked into an apartment full of balloons, banners, and a beautiful arrangement of roses! Sofie has a key to my apartment (due to the unfortunate incidence earlier in the year when I left my keys in IN and decided someone here needed to have a spare set) and while I was at work she went and decorated. It was sooooo sweet and sooooo festive. I felt so incredibly loved yesterday! But the best part is my "real" celebration is yet to come. It is on Saturday and I just can't hardly wait. I have some things I've wanted to share with my group here and this is going to be my opportunity.
Thank you all for the sweet birthday wishes, also. I really had a special day yesterday. I am believing that 30 is going to be a good year and that the 30's will be a MUCH better decade than the 20's!
No comments:
Post a Comment