If you will recall, several weeks ago I posted about my skeleton, Petey, that was kidnapped. Well, today it just got worse. So much worse. I have this Strawberry Shortcake doll pen. It looks like a little S.S. doll but is actually a red pen that rests upon a cute little strawberry shaped holder. It's an adorable little memory from my life in the 80's. (Gotta love the 80's!)
Much like Petey, she had gone missing. Only, I hadn't noticed it until today. How did I realize this? Here is how....and this is very sad and disturbing. (Disclaimer: If you have young children with you, you might want them to leave the room. Or, if you are a fan of Strawberry Shortcake you may not be able to handle what you are about to read. Read at your own risk.)
I opened one of the containers I have on my desk looking for a red ink pen and much to my dismay I found her dismembered body minus the head! What kind of psychopath does something like that????????????
Poor little thing. I couldn't even look at her little body all mangled inside of there. I just gasped and then quickly closed the container. She's still in there, but I just can't bring myself to deal with it yet.
It leads one to wonder what they did to her prior to her murder. And why...WHY?...would they do that! Innocent little pen that she was! And now that is the final memory I will have of her. It's just sick and psychotic!
This has also led me to wonder what Petey's final days were like. I can't imagine anything good at this point. Before I tried to believe he was kidnapped by a lover of biology that just couldn't have their own sekelton. That he was at least in a loving home being cared for and nutured. Now I have a difficult time believing he's even still with us.
I will have a difficult time facing my students tomorrow knowing that one of them is the reason my heart aches even as it does right now. Tonight will be a time of mourning and prayer. Mourning over the loss of two great desk decorations, but also a time of prayer for the souls that harbor such ill-will towards those such as Strawberry and Petey.
2 comments:
I do not in ANY way mean to belittle your loss, but I just wanted to thank you for writing that...I *so so so* needed that on an otherwise so difficult and glooooomy Friday.
Your loss has proved to be my gain, though I am sure you did not intend it to be so!
I shall read this again and again!
(and hope that you do not hold it against me!)
Biology Students can be such monsters.
Post a Comment