Lately life has been exceedingly and abundantly wonderful. No particular reason why. It just has been. School is going pretty well. We're now learning about plants and I LOVE plants. So, I'm one happy teacher! Which makes for happier students. Which makes me happier. Which makes them happier. Uh, yeah, I'm sure you get the point. The happiness is contagious!
Other than work my focus the past couple of weeks has been rather scattered. Ever since my trip to Indiana life has just seemed a bit rushed and all over the place. This past week especially. I dedicated the majority of my non-work time baking and decorating Sofie's cake. Then Saturday was the actual party. I had such a nice time. Once the pressure of the cake making/delivering process was over I was able to just enjoy the company and celebrate in her successes.
Today, that is Sunday, we (my church friends and I) celebrated our friend Rebecca's birthday. We went to lunch then took her on a one DVD shopping spree at Best Buy. Following that we went to this wonderful coffee shop/cafe for amazing desserts and coffee. We concluded the afternoon back at my friend Zach's new house where we conversed and then prayed over Rebecca. It was such a great day.
I love celebrating people's birthdays. It's such an opportunity to focus on one person in order to really show them how incredible they are. It's a chance to remind them and, in some cases, to help them see how amazing the plan is that God has for their lives. So, I am pretty sure Rebecca was blessed by today, but I know I was, too. I love attempting to express God's love to others. I know we can only do so in a very small way, but it's still fun and I love it.
In case I've not mentioned it lately...God is just blessing me so much right now. I mean, I experience His blessings always, but right now they are just more what I can even share. I remember back in Bloomfield crying out to God for friends and longing for times of good, intellectual conversation with people who had a passion for the things of God. Today there were 12 of us at times and the conversation was lively, engaging, filled with laughter, and a blessing all around. It's all so much more than I ever even could have believed He'd give me just one short year ago. My friends are just SO amazing! I just don't even deserve this. Not at all, but I'm forever thanking God for each of them.
Oh! I almost forgot! Zach also took us to this this place...not at all sure where it was...that has all these HUGE busts of presidents. Apparently they are eventually going to line the side of I-10 here in Houston. It was rather interesting. Especially since, in addition to the presidents, the roadside decorations will also include these GIGANTIC statues of The Beattles. I still don't get how The Beattles fit with the U.S. Presidents but, whatever, they're cool!
Now it's about time for me to get to bed. Even though my kitchen is still a mess from the caking process. Yet, I felt sleep and being rested for my coming week was a bit more important. Maybe not, but I enjoy it more. :)
Keep on blogging my friends! I love your updates because, well, even though I have a lot of fantastic new people in my life, you all will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart and I just love feeling connected to you still. Blog on my Jesus Freaks!
2 comments:
I am so happy for you. I love to hear good news! God bless her even more!
Aw wow, that sounds just SO lovely, all of it!
I would really like to come visit you and just bask in the presence of your friends!
You'll share them, won't you?!
Post a Comment