Friday, January 18, 2008

Poor Petey!

I am sooooo upset! SOMEONE STOLE MY SKELETON, PETEY! I think the number one thing that irritates me about the "youth of today" is their out and out disrespect for other people's things. (Okay, I really do love them, but some days they just get on my last nerve and this rant will not be the same if I don't sound like an old lady from the start.) They vandalize the tables and books, leave their trash all over the place, AND STEAL! I never, ever, ever, ever would have even THOUGHT to do such a thing!

Disgarding my gum under the table/seat....not even a synapse was wasted on this idea. Would I throw my pop can on the floor? That wasn't even the question! I'd have been asking, "Why am I taking it to class in the first place?" The Christmas mural complete with fireplace and stockings, a little mouse in the corner, and a well-ornamented tree that I planned to draw all over the lab table...oh wait! I NEVER PLANNED TO DO THAT! I just do NOT get it!

Poor Petey. That little guy was my first friend in Houston. I got him at the Natural History Museum on my first trip down here. He was my first skeleton, too. What I had hoped would be my one and only. I shall miss him greatly. *sigh*

Now I will go mourn my loss whilst praying to God that I might be able to forgive the deviant who kidnapped him.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Awwww I'm really sorry about Petey. I totally agree with you that so many kids today do not respect other people's space and belongings. I see it even in my little guys sometimes. I hope I can raise my little one to respect and care for this world we live in. I hope you find Petey too. :(

Becky Durham said...

UGH.

I'm sorry about Petey (did you name him after a certain Pumpkin Plant?).

I understand how you feel about "youth today." I think the same things--there's often a glaring lack of respect and thought. I love them, but I also get frustrated.

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

ha!

don't even get me started on the youth of today!

ah well, there are some good kids out there!