School is out for 2 weeks! Woo-hoo! I don't teach again until the 7th. Awesome! It hasn't felt much like the end of a semester, but when I awoke this morning the realization hit me. HALF THE YEAR IS OVER! AND I GET 2 WEEKS OFF! With that thought I turned off my alarm and went back to sleep. :)
We had our cookie outreach last night. I was bummed on the way there because I realized I'd forgotten my camera, but the events of the night took all my bummy feelings away. IT WAS SO INCREDIBLE! The plates of cookies looked so good and everyone showed up ready to shine the light of Jesus all over that apartment complex. Best of all the people we spoke with and prayed with were SO receptive to talking with us and to being prayed for. With each person we met my faith increased and my belief of why Karlene had ever started this prayer group was solidified. It was SO obvious that this is a timely thing and that these people are ready to encounter the Holy Spirit. It was just so encouraging and so much fun.
I also have to give a huge THANK YOU to Karlene for hanging out with me after the outreach. We talked for good bit and she allowed me to process externally some issues that seem very pressing right now. Today I feel SO much better about everything and more confident than ever that God is going to complete the good work He began in me. (Have I mentioned how thankful I am to have friends again????)
I'll be having a nice, relaxing weekend and Christmas holiday then, on the 27th, Karlene, Sofie, and I are headed to IHOP in Kansas City to attend the One Thing conference. I have a non-specific expectation about it. I KNOW God is going to do many great things through it, but I'm not trying to figure out what or how or when or why or anything like I used to. Instead, I'm just looking forward to it. I also can't wait to get to know Karlene and Sofie better. Nothing like a 12-13 hour drive one way to do that!
As always, God is doing other things in my life but it's all so internal right now. Several years ago God started to reveal some deep things He placed in me...desires, dreams, visions...that I didn't even know how to share with people or even how to fully understand myself. As the years have passed it is as if those deep things have slowly moved to the surface. Perhaps it's because they were buried by things that weren't of God and He is just now getting me through the last of those things. I'm not sure. Regardless, right now I just feel so much like it's all about to come to fruition. Like it's all about to come together and those things are going to be revealed for me and everyone else to see. It's as if all that I've done up to this point in my life has been leading up to this time in my life and that everything will shift into a different gear when it happens. I could be wrong and that scares me because it's meaning I'm hoping for something that could very well lead to nothing. Like other times before when I was left crushed and without understanding. Even so, it's so intense right now and so many confirmations have come forth that I can't help but believe. I suppose you'll all know how it happens when I do! (Thank God for the Blogosphere!)
Miss you and love you all! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
1 comment:
Aw wow that is so cool.
I just love to read about the way God is providing for you. And right now His currency is FRIENDS! What a blessing!
I cannot begin to tell you how "jealous" I am that you get to go on a road trip to IHOP of all places. But you know what? I sincerely do hope and pray that you will be yet again amazed at who God is and how much He loves you. May you be abundantly blessed so that you can be a blessing to others!
-Katie, writing from the island
Post a Comment