Monday, October 22, 2007

Am I Really In Houston?

According to my Yahoo! Weather, it is 56 degrees right now. (I am finding it difficult to believe that it's not going to get cold here.) Right now it is a typical October day out there...if you are in Indiana! Chilly and blustery! Oh well, I was missing Fall anyway, so this makes it all the more wonderful. :)

I would also like to add that I had a good day of teaching today. I am teaching on cellular respiration and today was all about glycolysis. It went surprisingly well and they actually seemed to get it. Well, as much as a high school student ever really gets glycolysis! I'm just thankful it went as well as it did. I enjoy things like cellular respiration more and more each time I teach them. I don't know why, but the idea of billions of molecules of ATP being synthesized and utilized even as I sit and type just amazes me. It excites me like a free electron after a molecule of glucose has been split! LOL Man, I love geeky science humor! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man... you ARE a GEEEEEEEEEEEK!

Tamara said...

You might as well have been speaking a foreign language. That sounded complicated.

Becky Durham said...

LOL.

On a related topic:

Yesterday at after school club, someone asked "Why is it raining?"

One of the 5th grade girls answered, "Well, the clouds have evaporated too much water. And they have to pee."

I wonder if she paid attention in science...