Sunday, September 09, 2007

Friends At Last!

I have friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, so maybe not the ones I will have in a few months from now but I've definitely gotten a start to the friend-making process. EVERYONE IS SO NICE! As the previous post mentioned, I went to IMPACT on Friday night and met a lot of people. Today I saw many of them and was greeted warmly and felt so at home at church. I now have people to sit with at church and recognize a lot of people. It's wonderful!

Some of us went out to lunch after service and had the best time. I haven't laughed that sincerely in so long that it felt just amazing! (Well, actually I have, but I'm not including the times of being with my "old friends" that I had right before moving.) It was so cool because we talked about how great the service was, IHOP, The Call, and trained monkeys riding on the tops of cars. Uh yeah, some things were a bit more spiritual than others. Even so, it was just fun to be with people who had stories from college, adoration for Mike Bickle, and a desire to take road trips. Oh, and Katie, we even talked about causing disease in lab mice. :)

Like I said, these people may not end up being my best friends or anything, but it's so wonderful to have some contacts and people to fellowship with, worship with, and look forward to our next meetings with.

Houston still rocks!

2 comments:

Beth said...

That's so awesome!!! I'm so happy for you! I hope at least one or two of them can end up being a best friend with one of the coolest people on the planet!

Mr and Mrs Lorentzon said...

Oh WOW!

That is SUCH an answer to prayer!

Being able to talk about *spiritual* things and also *not-so* spiritual things all in the same conversation, and it all being highly entertaining is great!

Hoping your friendships with them continue to deepen!