"'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.'" ~Jeremiah 29:11-13
Thursday, August 02, 2007
Sucky Sonic Sandwich and More
Today for lunch I went to Sonic. Not for any reason other than the fact that I use my lunch breaks to explore the area I will be living in and when it came time to turn around it was a good place to do so. This particular one had a drive-thru so I chose that option. I ordered a regular hamburger w/ no lettuce and tater tots. I paid. I waited (what seemed like) 1/2 hour for my lunch. I drove away. I opened my sandwich and there was lettuce! Ick! But, I figured I could survive. But then my mouth started burning like craziness. They had given me the wrong sandwich! I got this new super spicy jalapeƱo burger! I tried to pick off the jalapeƱos, but it was still just too hot for my ultra-wimpy-mild-salsa-is-too-spicy palate. So I quit eating it about 1/4 of the way through. At which time I focused my attention on my tots. They were good. I ate about 1/2 of them when I got one that had a what looked like a black thread or piece of paper or something on it. I was going to just brush it off or just discard it or whatever until I got a closer look. IT WAS AN INSECT LEG! I just about threw up. Needless to say, lunch wasn't so good today. I'm not sure I'll be visiting a Sonic again for a very long time...if ever again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my!
An insect leg!
How grodie!
Although the jalapeno burger sounds really really good.
Well, I guess not everything in Houston can be the-greatest-experience-ever in Jenny's life!
I will boycott Sonic right along with you.
By the way, where did the word "boycott" come from?
And when do you move into your apt? And how much money are you going to spend at the Swedish Furniture Warehouse?!
Oh that's really NASTY!!!! Icky-pooky!!!!!! I am so never ever going to Sonic... I don't think I've ever been there in the past and so it won't be a hard thing to do anyway.
But I've heard things about bugs in Texas... I've heard that they're bigger... and especially the roaches! Praise God though you don't ever have to worry about bugs getting into your bed... thanks to the good ol' blood-line!!!! :o)
OH Jenny. I'm so sorry! UGH.
When I read the first sentence of your post, I was like, "Oh--Sonic! I haven't had that in a while! Maybe lunch later..."
LOL. The rest of your post ruined that for me.
Hope the training week has gone well!
Post a Comment