I am pleased to say that I'm starting to feel much more comfortable in my surroundings. Not totally but much better. In large part because I've finally found what will be "my" bank, "my" Wal-Mart, "my" Target, etc. In general I'm just getting better about figuring out how the area around my home/school is laid out and do not drive around aimlessly quite as much. That's a huge relief given the insane traffic!
I got my last Eastern paycheck today. That means it'll be a one month stretch until I get paid again. Man, that's gonna be tough, but I'm just believing it'll work out. It has to! Thank God I don't have rent for August or September! And thank God most of my bills don't come due until mid-month. It's just buying stuff for my new apartment and my new classroom is adding extra expenses. Oh well, IT WILL BE OKAY!
Oh, yeah, it's also hurricane season! Tropical storm Erin has brought multiple thunderstorms and has cooled things off. I'm loving it! We should know how Dean will affect us by this time next week.
Well, I'm procrastinating. My apartment is still a big mess! It's getting much closer, though. I just get sidetracked so easily. Oh well, I should really be getting to bed now. So that's what I'm going to do!
2 comments:
I'm glad you're getting settled! And I'm glad you're having cooler weather.
Is it time for pictures of your apartment yet?
I was watching the news last night and they kept talking about Houston and Hurricane Dean and even though they were sure it wasn't going to hit Houston, emergency workers are still getting ready.
So, I imagine if they keep talking about it up here, they're probably talking about it non-stop down there?
It made me laugh because I KNOW how much you love it when people talk about the weather all the time.
Post a Comment