Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Prayer for a Friend

Hey all....I very recently found out that a friend of mine is in need of some serious prayer. You see, she is in a situation where she has found herself very lonely in the past year or so. In large part to being far away from family and friends with the added sting of men being jerks and her church "family" turning their backs on her. As a result, she kinda went through a rebellion, of sorts, against God. She then found herself in a relationship with a man who was a "christian" but ultimately she compromised all that she'd ever believed about relationships just so she wouldn't be so alone. In the end, she has now found herself pregnant with the father wanting her to abort or give it up or something. Anything but be supported by him. Emotionally this is taking toll on her just out of the circumstances. However, and this is the part I most related to and which broke my heart the most, more than anything she fears what others will think. Not just about her, but about her love for God. See, she really does love Him. For so long as I've known her that's been true and she lived and spoke as if it were true at all times. Now she is so torn up because she does know how much she loves Him and knows what she did was wrong, but she fears others will not see that. I'm sure some of you can relate. I know I sure can! Sometimes when we are christians we so long to be that Christ-like witness and example that when we fall prey to the advances of the enemy we are judged more harshly by others....and especially ourselves. I think...I hope...after speaking with her she is encouraged and more optimistic about her situation. Most of all, I pray that she is able to forgive herself and to accept Christ's forgiveness so that she can embrace this new life that is now growing inside of her. So, yeah, if you can please keep her in your prayers......I can't give a name or anything but, as we all know, God knows. She is still in a place with no fellowship or close friends so she feels very lonely and vulnerable and unsure of many things. Fortunately her family is being very supportive. I am just praying for her heart to be healed and for her and the baby to well-taken care of throughout all of this. I KNOW she appreciates your prayers, also. Thanks.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Jenny take her to David. This world loves to point the finger. But, let us remember the people of the faith. Paul percecuted the church, Abraham had Ishmael, and David had Bathsheba. I know you know God still loves her. Just remind her of the people before her who overcame issues to find God's steadfast love.

Yolanda said...

praying with you and your friend!

Becky Durham said...

What a dry desert for her to be in! I'm praying. God has a plan for her still and no matter how many people turn their backs on her, God never will.