Saturday, December 09, 2006

Texas Two-Step

Alright, that title is a little off, but it loosely fits the post......

There are only two things I've thought about Texas that aren't so inviting to me. The first being that I will no longer get snow days or 2 hour delays. What a sacrifice! I live for 2 hour delays! The second is that I'll have to find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a new hair stylist. The latter being the one I least look foward to finding again. Do you know how hard it is for me to find someone I trust with these lovely locks of hair??? It took me 2 years to find someone here! However, as it turns out, she is pregnant and getting married next week and will then be hanging up her sheers in June...which is when I move! So I feel that is also confirmation.(Seriously, if you only knew the drama and trauma that has insued as a result of bad hair cuts and hilights since I moved here...NOT PRETTY!)

Anyway, I'm just killing time until I've cooled off from my blecky exercises (I am so unmotivated...but I'm doing it!) before I shower and get ready to go to my family's and then to Shannon's for a Christmas program at her church. I suppose I should get to it now. Have a grand weekend one and all!

2 comments:

Becky Durham said...

Well, you may have no snow days, or you may have a "snow" day every time the temperature drops below 30 or there are flurries in the air! I'm from an area where we had only 5 or 6 snow days during my entire school career--we went to school in feet of snow! In Henderson, we have snow days whenever there's a dusting. A couple of years ago they had about 15 snow days to make up and had to extend the school days 1/2 an hour through the month of April. I ask you--were all these snow days necessary? NO!

But back to you...maybe you'll get "cold" days?!?

And good luck with the hair stylist. They like big hair in Texas.

Hennyfair said...

LOL...I don't think I'll go the "big hair" route if at all possible. And I know what you mean about snow days in Hendo. Being that I was still across the bridge the year you were speaking of I was always aghast at the fact that they were calling off school when they did. Crazy! We'll see. I figure I might get "Hurricane Days" which would probably make up for it. :)