After 15 straight hours of driving, I am finally back home from Texas! Yee-haw! It was a good trip - short, busy, and exhausting - but good. Here is a briefing of my lovely trip:
Sunday: Departed Carbon at 12:30 am and arrived in Katy, TX at approximately 9:30 pm.
Monday: Slept in! (Woo-Hoo!) Got my car's first oil change (ahhhh!). Dinner out and then one of my favorite things to do in new places.....went to the grocery store! I L-O-V-E....LOVE....going to grocery stores when on vacation. I believe you can learn a lot from what types of things are stocked in a typical grocery store. It was a great experience, as always.
Tuesday: Slept in again!!! Drove (all by myself!) to Houston to go to The National Museum of Funeral History. Then, got lost in downtown Houston looking for the Houston Museum of Natural Science. I finally found it and then had a most lovely time watching an IMAX on the human body, going through the most amazing exhibit on anatomy and physiology I could ever imagine, explored the rest of the museum, and then spent oodles of money on supplies for my classroom in one of the best museum gift shops I've ever been to.
Wednesday: Went to the Johnson Space Center. Learned a lot about NASA history and got extremely annoyed by little kids who should have been better watched by their parents. That night we went to Houston and had dinner at the most wonderfully delicious Cheesecake Factory (which I'm going to again this Saturday in Indy! I love that place!), went to the famous William's Fountain, saw the Beer Can House, and visited a garden shop that has amazing topiaries shaped like...well...just about any animal you could imagine!
Thursday: Got up, got totally freaked out by a Texas size water bug in "my" bathroom, called Katie (yay!), packed and headed back to Indiana!
Friday: Got home (ahhh! how blessed!).....blogged while I waited for the week's worth of mail to arrive....went to bed. :)
Pictures coming soon!
5 comments:
OH! An IMAX film on the human body!!! That sounds exhilirating!!! I wish I could see something like that! Was it interesting to see organs on the big screen that were like 20 feet in diameter??? We somehow neglected to discuss that in our 1 hr 20 min telephone conversation...
And CHEESECAKE FACTORY! That is like the greatest man-made place in all the world! *sigh* I get dreamy just thinking about it...
Glad you had a nice time! I didn't realize you drove the whole way...sorry you didn't experience any sightings...
KT
Sounds like you had oodles of fun. I like the word oodles! I think it is cool you saw the house made of beer cans. All the learning you experienced and I am most impressed by the beer house. I don't even drink!
Texas sounds like teacher heaven. So is it true? Is everything bigger in Texas?
I did have oodles of fun!!! And The IMAX WAS amazing! It was geared more towards younger people though (like high school age), but great news! I'm a teacher of those young people so it was perfect! I bought it in the DVD version to show when we study the body systems this fall. So, no 20ft organs, but it should still be pretty darn good.
Yes we did drive instead of fly as planned. After their funeral stuff and cleaning out his dad's house they needed help taking down a Uhaul full of things and then the vehicle they had with them, also. So we all drove the long, long drive! Then to answer Peaches....a lot of things are bigger in Texas...especially that portion of the drive. It took FOREVER in Texas alone!
But, nope, no sightings. That's why I'm goin' back as soon as I can!
Welcome back! Your trip sounds wonderful!!! Thanks for taking the time to catch us up.
I am so glad you had a good time...so productive for you as a teacher, what a blessing!
welcome back to Indiana...
can't wait to see the pics
Post a Comment