As some of you know, I lost my new digital camera back in April. I KNEW I had taken it to the talent show at the church, but the last time I remembered actually seeing it was sitting in the seat next to me in my truck, but I was pretty sure I had taken it in with me. However, by the end of the night it was gone. I looked all over the church, all over my apartment, and in my truck. Over the next few weeks I looked in all those places again! And again! And again! It was nowhere to be found. I was devastated!!!!! It was less than 2 months old and had tons of pictures on it. I prayed for weeks and even had others on this prayer task, but my camera did not reappear. It was a very, very sad time for me.
Finally, after a couple of weeks I gave up praying and hoping and just let it go. I mean, I knew God could answer my prayers, but I also knew that when something is gone it’s gone. And for as much as I lose things – whether by my own absentmindedness or due to thievery – I’ve had to learn to just let it go. After all, when it’s all said and done they are just “things” and have no eternal value. Still, my camera was a pretty hard one to let go of, but finally I did.
Well, about three weeks ago I found out I was headed to Texas soon. So, one morning soon after I was sitting and praying and I said to the Lord in a sweet, little childlike voice (which could also be mistaken for a whiney voice, but I assure it was NOT a whine!), “Lord, I know my camera is gone forever, but I really wish I had it back to take with me to Texas.” Just then I heard, “Look under the couch.” I was pretty sure it was God, but was a little startled by it, too. I mean, it was just so clear! Regardless of any twinge of doubt, I got up and went to look under my futon. However, I really doubted that it’d be there because 1) I’d already looked there and 2) I don’t call it a couch. (I call it a futon and surely God would have said futon because He knows He’d have had to deal with me on that one later if He didn’t!). Well, sure enough, I looked under the futon and.......there was no camera. I was actually a little surprised that it wasn’t there. I mean, I CLEARLY heard, “Look under the couch.”
Well…Just as I began to go back and sit down I had a flash of a picture of a couch come into my mind. It was the couch in Trina’s office at the church. I knew I had looked there for it already, but made a mental note to check there again. I even remember telling Trina I needed to look in there again, but kept forgetting when I was there. However, this past Wednesday I was cleaning the church and had just finished when I remembered that I needed to go “look under the couch”. So, I put the vacuum away and headed straight there.
Trina was out of her office talking to Pastor Kirk, but I couldn’t wait for her to return (even though it’s only 15 feet down the hall!) because I was too excited to check it out. So, I went in there, laid down on the floor and right there UNDER THE COUCH was my camera!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HOW STINKIN’ AWESOME IS THAT??????????????????
Wow! I mean, I never doubt that I can and do hear God, and I didn’t even doubt that I had heard Him this time, but it’s still pretty darn cool when you hear Him THAT clearly! It’s like, I’m SO thankful to have my camera back. So, so, SO thankful! But really, the coolest part is just having that reminder of how near He really is to us, ya know? Of just how like, He was in my living room with me when I was just sitting there in my recliner casually talking to Him. He was there and listening! And He cared about this little detail of my life and was willing to talk to me about it! How awesome of a reminder is that??? And it is just such a reassurance that some of the things I doubt are Him really are Him speaking to me. It’s so incredible!
Then, I just have to stop and thank Jesus for the sacrifice He gave with His life. Had he not given His life for me, I would still be separated from God and would not have this relationship with Him that I do. And more and more I am realizing that I often thank Jesus for the sacrifice He paid on the cross so that I could have life, but fail to realize the scope of that sacrifice. The sacrifice He gave wasn’t just on the cross. He sacrificed His life every day that He walked the Earth. He laid down His life, His will, day after day, moment after moment, second after second, so that He would be the perfect, unblemished sacrifice needed to cleanse my sins. He laid down His life daily for me….for you….for all of us. I don’t know about you, but that’s pretty amazing to me. All that just so I would know to "look under the couch".
4 comments:
What a blessing to hear such good news! I love testimonies! Last night I had a similar experience. I didn't find anything, but I heard the Lord plain as day. There is nothing more intimate than knowing we have a restored relationship with the Maker of heaven and earth.
Wow!!! That is an awesome show of the Almighty, it reminds me of a true story that happened to me several years ago. I will share it, cause it excites me when I think about how awesome God is and that when you pray He hears and answers even the prayers that you think might not be to big or valuable. Here is the story, I was fishing at KY lake, with my brand new fishing pole that was so awesome. I was there with Jean Trotter and John her son. I hooked this big fish, the pull that it had on the line there is no doubt that it was a big one. However, I lost grip of that brand new pole that I loved and there it goes thru the water, I was so upset, I felt like jumping in and swimming to chase it. I didnt jump in though, I just began to pray and pray. I told God I loved that pole and I asked him to bring that pole back to me. I sat there the rest of the day with my other old pole fishing thinking God was going to let me catch that fish that took off with my pole, thinking I could get my pole back that way. Well , the end of the day came and no pole , just smaller fish that I caught with that pole. I just let it go thinking I will never see that pole again. However, the following year, I again went fishing with Jean Trotter and John on the same dock. I was fishing with that old pole and suddenly wow, I jerk the line, Wow I got a BIG one I thought, I kept reeling and reeling. Here it is out of the water, I hooked the very pole that was taken from me a whole year before. I was rejoicing thanking Jesus for answering my prayer that I had prayed a whole year before. It showed me that God is faithful and He does answer prayer and is caring for all our desires. Thank You God for being such a faithful God, for showing Jenny this great revelation. I am so happy to hear your story. I am glad you have your camera back.
WOW!!!! Go God!!! I just love it!!! I love how you noted that God said couch and not futon because he was not referring to something that belonged in your home...he is sooo cool and soooo detailed and soooo cares about that which we care about and concerns us...no matter how big, small or trivial it may seem to others. I love how God answered the prayers of so many in HIS time...and I am sure that it was NOT a whine he heard when you made that Sweet Little Prayer...
Love ya!
I am glad I could be there to hear your screams of joy eventhough they scared me to death. And I am sooo glad for you that you got your camera back in time for Texas. Get some pictures for me while your there.
Post a Comment