I went to my family's on Friday night to take my mom, Nanny, sister, and aunt out for Mother's Day. After dinner we went back home and then I eventually ended up going to Wal-Mart later in the evening. Since my sister was going out I took her son with me. He is such a talker! He yammered all the way there (about a 15 min. drive). On the way back, just as we were leaving, he must have heard them mention God on the radio and he began to ask me a bizillion questions about God. You know, in that way 4-year-olds do where they ask one question and the answer to that leads to another and another and another? Well, we proceeded to talk about God, Satan, heaven, hell, Jesus, God's protection and His ability to "beat up the bad guys" better than even the Power Rangers could. It was a delightful conversation and I was so immensely blessed because of it.
As most of you know, I have an intense burden for my family and their salvation but feel completely useless and even an detriment to their coming to know Him. That is why that conversation was just such an affirmation from God that He is working in their lives and leading them to a life in Him. I know Tristan may not fully understand all we talked about, but as all of you who work with kids know, they really do get more than we give them credit for. I figure that is about the only real conversation or lesson He's ever had about God or Jesus but hopefully it's not the last. Anyway, that was the hilight of my weekend!
4 comments:
Hey, Jenny :) Thanks, first of all, for the card you sent me--you're so good at remembering things :)
And any conversation we have with children plants seeds in their hearts. Even if he's not old enough to fully understand the full meaning, it opened a door (maybe not just for him!). It would be awesome if he would get curious about "God things" and have that lead to someone taking him to church. After all, what I've learned is that a lot of times people who have no interest in church or God will feel a burden to make sure that their children or grandchildren learn about God and go to church! Tristan is blessed to have such a wonderful, God-loving aunt!
We just have two days of school in Hendo. Hope your year finishes out well :)
And I just noticed that your blog is handicapped accessible...of course I clicked on the wheelchair icon just to see what would happen.
How cool!
God answers prayer in amazing ways.
I pray that Tristan would be surrounded by the grace of God even at this young age and that his heart would respond to the Holy Spirit in a wonderful, child-like way!
Tonight after getting to meet Tristan at the Ballgame, and listen to him ask Eugene a 'bizillion' questions, I can understand even more your 'heart' for them. They are sooooo cute! (your nephews). And now reading this again, made me think of Samantha, one of the Compassion girls in Ecuador...a few months back I had asked them what they wanted to be when they grew up and she said a Power Ranger (it brought on a few giggles from the rest of the kids)....yet her thinking was about like what Tristan was thinking...in her own way of wanting to be used to help others. It's amazing what goes through their little minds. Yet,as you wrote they do listen, and understand soooo much more than we give them credit for, It was great seeing you again.
Blessings!
Post a Comment