I'm sure it's pretty obvious that I am on my winter break. One clue should have been that I had my little depression episode which always occurs when I have too much time on my hands to think about having too much time on my hands! (I'm so goofy like that!) The second clue should be because I'm blogging about everything!
I am writing this time because I just received my materials for my next master's course via the aforementioned most wonderful looking and polite UPS guy I've ever had deliver a package to me, but I digress...Well, this next course looks as exciting as the previous! I often wonder just how much of a geek I must be that learning delights me as it does. I mean, I get REALLY excited about it. I'm all giddy right now having just read the course description and book titles!
Someone just asked me what getting my master's degree will mean for my teaching career. I admit that, at first, it was just "because it's what teachers do" and because it will increase my pay. However, now that I've started working on it, my goal is much more about becoming a better and more effective teacher. God placed this calling on my life and refused to let me out of it. I was so scared of it for so long and then so upset about it and then just wanted it so badly I didn't even think about what it would really be like. Now I see the positive impact I can have on so many lives and I want to do the best job possible. I feel it is a HUGE calling to be a teacher! Much more than I ever knew or dreamt of. Which means it's both exciting and intimidating, but an honor nonetheless.
So, I don't know why God put such an geeky gene in me to love learning so much, but I'm so glad He did! It really makes my life more interesting and fun from day to day. I only hope I can inspire my students to have this same kind of zeal for learning.
3 comments:
I enjoy learning, too! And I can't wait for the UPS or FedEx or mail guy to deliver the book that I ordered yesterday for one of my classes... Environmental Biology... the book is called... Elements of Ecology.
I think it's great that you want to become a "better and more effective teacher" to impact lives positively. That's just exactly the kind of stuff we were created for! To do good works! Yay!
I love teachers :) You truly do some of the most important work ever!
You should read a book called "32 Third Graders and One Class Bunny." It's possibly more true for elementary teachers, but I think you would enjoy it, too! Just got to Barnes and Noble, find it, and grab a chair. Or come visit me and borrow it.
Jonas asked me a little bit ago when you were going to visit us again.
Hey sweetie. I just wanted to let you know my SITE is back up. I think it will stay strong now. As long as I stay healthy. Pray that no attack of the enemy would come against me. I miss worshipping with you and praying with you.
Post a Comment